Tuesday, August 2, 2011


Good morning from the Grand Tetons!

Pulled an 'all nighter' last night (not really,since I was able to sleep when not biking.) It's odd biking in complete darkness with nothing but the splash of the chase vehicle behind you. Couldn't see my computer, so I had no way of knowing how fast I was going, and difficult to tell whether I was on a flat or incline other than my legs being tired. There are more people in Milwaukee than all of Idaho. Big boy Andrew Hoffman finished off our shift by pulling a 30 miler in 50 degree darkness as we pulled into Ririe.

The team riding now (4-noon) takes us out of ID, and is currently climbing through the Tetons. One man has hit a 54mph descent going Dow Teton pass into Jackson,WY.

We just pulled the RV into the KOA in Duboise. We have about 5 hours until we ride again. Shower, rest, lunch, then more climbing.

Riding in the dark made me reflect on the Congo. Women hiding in the bushes in darkness from Rebel militias. Fear. Unknown. Uncertainty. Nothing is sure or entirely safe. You don't know when your life could change or end in trajedy and injustice.

May God give Kettlebrook the strength to Stand with and for the vulnerable in Congo.

Peace.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment