Monday, August 1, 2011

Okay, were here outside of Arco, Idaho waiting for the riding team to arrive which they should be doing in an hour. My team of four finished our turn by riding into Boise by noon. The Boise World Relief team gave us a warm reception cheering me as I rode into the RV park and feeding us a great lunch of homemade lasagna and salad, brownies, etc... Great people. Good to hear about the refugee resettlement program WR has going on in Boise as they try to find housing and jobs for the Afganis, Congolese, and many other refugees that make their way into their city. I wouldn't have equated Boise with internationals!

My last leg was the longest for my group and ended up being 30miles; much of it through city and even a two mile stretch on interstate 84 (YIKES!). That's legal here in Idaho, BTW. Good thing I got the chase car behind me all the way. Still feeling good, pray for a chest cold I'm developing, but seems to be kept at bay. All the mechanical problems we've been experiencing with the vehicles seem to have resolved themselves. Often in a divine/miraculous sort of way.

Not long after I pulled into the RV park, the other team began to gather their things and shove off. They spent the afternoon climbing several thousand feet into the high desert on a hot afternoon. Pray for their stamina. My shift will be the graveyard shift as we move from Idaho into Wyoming. I'll be riding 11:30-12:30 and then again from 3:30 to 4:30am mountain time (add an hour for Wisconsin).

As I'm riding I'm thankful I don't have to walk and struggle in heat like this as do many of our Congolese brothers and sisters. My ride will be done in a week and I will be able to return to a comfortable and safe home. For many people in the Congo home is neither comfortable or safe as the Shalom of God is acutely absent in many places there. I've enjoyed conversations with Joe Johns from Fellowship Missionary Church about the Peace Initiative in Congo his church helped initiate.

Mike Moran

1 comment:

  1. Mike, since our annual meeting at Kettlebrook and the announcement that you (and all of the others) would be doing this, I have been glued to my computer. Prayers and peace to all of you. I have never been so impressed in all my life. Please keep us informed! I will call Kara and see if she wants to hook up with the kids!

    Be safe,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete